Thursday 30 January 2020

More expiriences

Not last year was about quantity in climbing, neither was it about quality. It was more about searching own inner motivation and balance in training.


I climbed a little more than a half of the year, partly due to Kosty’s surgery, partly due my own illnesses and a new diagnosis. Eventually, I was climbing from May to October and also in January.


Nevertheless, this year had its memorable moments.


One of my favorite feelings in climbing is to climb, when it seems almost impossible. When nobody can think I might climb in this particular go. Not that as cannot I do it, because I can do all the movements, though, often not first try and not in long links. And, finally at the last go after a few days of climbing I do all the movements one by one.


Interestingly, in such way I climb hard routes (about 7b), but not the hardest ones for me. My high-graded routes vise versa felt relatively easy. Maybe, all the time and efforts I put in them make such feelings possible.


One more my memorable climb was at my last climbing day on Malta. The route goes from a big overhanging to a roof and finally to a vertical part. In the middle of the route, you find yourself climb upside down because of a bulge on the roof. The problem was even not about difficulty of the route, but about timing. It wouldn’t have been easy to come back to this route.


I like that all routes this year were different: endurance and bouldery, on slopers, pockets and tufas. And, they were at 3 different rock types: limestone, sandstone and granite.


Other new experiences include climbing in gyms of others countries and living on the rock with my project located nearby.



Not bad for such “bad” year. At least, there was time and place for climbing, and what one would do without it?


No comments:

Post a Comment